The advent of winter can play a havoc with your skin, leading to dryness and itchiness besides the various other problems. So it goes without saying that you need to adopt a different skin care regimen for the coming months. Feeling a little lost? You don’t need to ! Cause the following post shall tell you five simple do’s and don’ts to practice and thus help you look gorgeous at all times this season.
1) If you are a person who loves taking long hot water baths (like me), this can be rather disappointing. It is advisable to avoid hot water baths this winter as they take away the natural oils and moisture, dehydrating the skin further. Instead switch to lukewarm water and notice the difference for yourself. A small sacrifice for smooth and healthy looking skin ain’t that tough.
2) A simple step to ensure supple and soft skin this winter is to add a few drops of almond oil or jojoba oil to the water and then bathe. This easy addition to your bath routine can work wonders for your skin as the oils nourish and hydrate the skin.
3) Moisturizers are a must for winters. Its advisable to apply the moisturizer immediately after a shower as then the skin is damp and absorbs it rather well. Also apply the moisturizer a good half an hour before leaving the house, as this ensures maximum absorption and thus the best results.
4) Chapped lips are inevitable during winters. Arm yourself with all your favorite lip balms and dab your lips at regular intervals to keep them nourished. Shea butter, coco butter, etc are the best bet for lip balms this season.
5) Your hair also needs a little extra tender, love and care during winters. Hair tends to get static during winters and an easy way to combat this is to use a conditioner after every shampoo andleave-in conditioners before leaving the house, which replenishes the lost moisture. Hot oil massages can be your life saver this season.
So follow these quick and easy tips and step out confidently this winter not having to worry about your cracking skin or static hair!
Have any other tips that you would like to share with the readers? Leave them below under the comments section!
And do leave your feedback below as it always motivates me to go a step further.