This post is for all you girls who are tired of pairing their tops and tunics with that age old invention ‘Denims’ and are only waiting for a chance to give their old pair of jeans a miss. C’mon you wear them to college, to the market to run a few errands, to your friend’s place for lunch, for that shopping trip, for that special date with your boyfriend…..its only justified to feel so!
The good news is that now you can easily do so with the plethora of options available in the market today. In this post I get for you all the trends doing rounds for quite sometime and I assure that these stylish options will easily replace your good ol’denims to bring a fresh change to your personal style statement. So read on to tweak your wardrobe.
- LEGGINGS : Made of a blend of lycra, nylon, cotton or polyester, leggings takes forward the concept of ‘Tights’ only to make them highly wearable and stylish. Leggings take the shape of your legs and are a great way to flaunt your toned calves and thighs. However, leggings do not have pockets and loops so make sure you team them with long tunics. Avoid teaming them with short tops as you don’t want to attract unwanted attention to your crotch area. Available in all possible colors and prints, leggings is a great way to add a dash of color to your outfit.
- JEGGINGS : Its been a while now that jeggings have hit the fashion world. The resurgence of jeggings can be attributed to the high demand of skinny, well fitting jeans. For those who are still new to this term, ‘Jeggings’ are leggings that look like jeans, with a denim-like appearance. But in opposition to jeans, jeggings are light in terms of the fabric and they fit like a dream! And if this isn’t enough, jeggings have pockets and loops in contrast to ‘leggings’ which definitely gets a thumbs up. Opt for a shade of jeggings that will match most of your tops and tunics, mix and match to create variety. If you have a wide buttock, avoid going short with your tops and play safe with a considerably longer length of top. If you are on the shorter side make sure you alter the length of your jeggings accordingly. Inches of gathered pleats at your ankle can be a fashion faux-pas!
- TREGGINGS : So you thought that jeggings are a tad too casual for formal events that you need to attend? Well, treggings is your answer. ‘Treggings’ are leggings that look like trousers – i.e. they generally have pockets and a zip. Just as super skinny and light as jeggings, treggings have an air of sophistication about them. Also if you manage to lay your hands on treggings made of a slightly thicker material, you can easily get away with wearing short tops as the zip in front with loops for belt and pockets at the derrière doesn’t attract attention to your crotch like leggings.
- HAREM PANTS : My personal favorite, harem pants are long pants tapered at the ankle, with side flaps on the hip that button at the waist area. The modern version of Harem Pants is uber chic and stylish and can even give a tough competition to many wardrobe staples. Team them with spaghettis, tunics, tube tops, kurtis…the options are endless to create your own style. Stick to dark colors if you are wide on your hips, and dare to experiment with bold colors otherwise.
- WIDE LEGGED PANTS : Have narrow waist,wide hips and heavy legs? Not confident about pulling off the skinny variety of leggings, jeggings, treggings? The wide legged pants are a must have for you ! These pants look gorgeous when teamed with well fit tops. If you are short then too you needn’t shy away from trying them, make sure you wear heels to create a sense of height. Available in varying lengths from just below the knees to ankle length, these pants can be rated high on the comfort level and you will never want to look at those denims again.
- STOCKINGS : A stocking is a close-fitting, elastic garment covering the leg and foot. It varies on the transparency, color and design. Stockings are a great option to add spunk to your otherwise predictable outfit. Ideal for layering with your dresses, long shirt-dresses, skirts…the possibilities are numerous. Stockings today are also available with cute motifs like bows, flowers,etc. Not to miss the printed and lace variety. Explore varied colors and you will be amazed at the end result.
So by now i am sure you are determined to leave those jeans untouched for a long time. Try these options and you will love the new you.
Hope this post proves useful. Have any other bottom wear options that you would like to share with others? Comment below
P.s : This week watch out for the launch of the online store i told you earlier about !