Its that time of the year when you get to snuggle in your woolens and cardigans with a lot of parties to attend .
However when thinking about the posts for this season i wanted to go beyond the conventional ’team a scarf, pull over a sweater, colors of the season, mufflers,etc’ look and thus taking the idea of ’Victorian Vintage Winter‘ , i came up with this concept. Thrilled, i scanned my cupboard – a woolen high waisted skirt, a Victorian feel black top, stockings, boots which complimented the skirt perfectly…i was almost there! However the hairstylist in me knew well that this look was incomplete without an elaborate hair up-do and make up. Thus realizing the need for a model ( as its more difficult to style your own hair), i was only grateful when Krystle ( my closest friend and actor) agreed. With the brilliant photography by Nikhil and my beautiful model Krystle, i totally enjoyed the job of a stylist and the results are for you too see!
- You can team any basic skirt with a woolen, knit top to get this winter feel.
- Pearl buttons, cuffed sleeves, raised collars are your cues to get the Victorian feel to your outfit.
- Instead of this hair up-do , you can also opt for a side partition with a slick ponytail. The end result is just as fab !
- If you don’t have boots, team strappy sandals with your stockings.
- Keep the make up simple in natural colors and tones.
- Paint your nails in neutral shades of pearl.
So for the next party that you are planning to go to give the current style trends a miss and revisit the past . This look is a timeless classic and will never let you down!
So what do you think of this shoot? Leave your comments below and do let me know your reactions, as its highly motivating.
P.s : This week i styled for two studio shoots and cant wait to get you the pictures.
Concept, Styling, Hair, Make-up : Me
Model : Krystle D’souza
Photography : Nikhil Nair