The fashion industry has stylishly celebrated Androgyny making it a global phenomenon. Designers like Pierre Cardin, Giorgio Armani, etc are known for the distinct flavor of unisex style in their designs. The most recent collection showcasing this trend being Anamika Khanna’s version of ‘Indian Androgyny’ for Lakme Fashion Week Spring Summer 2011, this trend is here to stay.
Your cues to the androgynous style:
- Go through your dad, brother or boyfriend’s clothes and do not fear to experiment. Collared and buttoned shirts, loose tees, baggy jeans, structured pants – lay your hands on anything that catches your fancy!
- Besides clothes, incorporate men’s accessories in your look. Belts, bags, chunky cuffs, chains, links, rings….there are options galore.
- Vests, power shoulders and jackets will also help you achieve this edgy look.
- To create a fusion mix a floral bow necktie or Indian jewelry and contrast the power hues.
- You can complement this look by tying back your hair in a sleek pony or give it a feminine edge by leaving your mane open.
- Lastly, exude extreme confidence to complete the androgynous look.
While interpreting this trend I rummaged through my dad’s wardrobe for inspiration and was pleasantly surprised at the immense possibilities of innovative incorporation.
(Wearing above – Dad’s Shirt, gold watch and bag)
So what’s you take on this look?
Will you dare to give it a try?!
And if you have tried this look before do mail me your pictures at firstname.lastname@example.org
as I would love to feature you right here
Also I have been sending updates on tips and finds to the Streak Hue Fall fans on the facebook page. Do not forget to ‘Like’ the page and become a fan to receive information not published on the blog!
(Photography by Nikhil Nair)
Till the next post,